Saturday, March 16, 2013

A work in progress

My bedroom is half way done. I have finished painting (Except for a few doors and door frames), but the floor is being put on stand-by. I don't even know what I am going to do with it! Paint it, start slowly buying new flooring a box at a time.. I have no idea! But for now I am just going to stick some area rugs down and live on the plywood subfloor!

But I have started putting my furniture and stuff back in there! Finally I feel like I am in my room again, and not some empty unfamiliar space!

I had my walls COVERED in random pictures, and I decided I am going to make my room look like an adult lives in it..(Well for the most part), and not have cluttered walls. I need to buy new curtains too.. LOTS to do!
And this is the before of that section of my bedroom... I do not know WHY I chose this horrible, ugly, dark color for my bedroom! I am so glad I lightened it up. Bye bye "Chocolate" brown!

I buy really cheap furniture for my room because it tends to be lightweight, and its REALLY hard to get heavy items upstairs! The stairs are at an awkward angle, and I have literally no help doing anything around here. I hope to someday bring up my armoire that matches my bed and nightstand. Its in our family room, and I bet its lonely in there. (And I need to finish painting the door...)



I was going to paint the bed frame.. But decided I didn't want to ruin it. This bed frame is older than me! It belonged to my mom, and she gave it to me. The floor looks terrible! On a different note, I absolutely LOVE the beams on my ceiling, and I have grown to like how low to the ground my windows are! I used to hate it, but the dogs like to look out the windows and they are at their level.
 This is only a third of my room.. I haven't even finished ripping up the carpet all the way yet, I do sections at a time. So ill have more pictures once more gets done.


TO BE CONTINUED......

No comments:

Post a Comment